new investmentshydro power plants . new investments
The National Energy Programme / Nacionalni energetski program*, which determines on the Slovene national level the energy administration strategy up to the year 2014 and the Directive on Electricity Production from Renewable Energy Sources represent the basis for the investment activities of the company Soške elektrarne. The European Union fosters the use of renewable energy sources, i.e. energy deriving from hydro power plants as it is more environment friendly.
The energy demand in Slovenia is increasing. The National Energy Programme foresees a 20 percent electrical energy deficit. In order to meet the demand of the consumers additional energy sources are necessary.
The Investments of the company Soške elektrarne are oriented towards the following:
- The expansion of the capacities: at the moment the most important investment is the construction of the Pumping - storage hydro power plant in Avče. The termination of the construction is foreseen in the year 2009.
- The refurbishment of the existing hydro power plants: replacement of the worn out hydro-mechanical equipment on the dams and the aggregates.
- The introduction of a new hydro power plant operation conceptwhich envisages the unification of the hydro power plants on the Soča River. The advantages of a unified chain of hydro power plants are the optimization of the operating, the cost reduction and a more flexible allocation of the manpower.
- The maintenance of the hydro power plants: upgrading and up-to-dating of the information system, the introduction of new monitoring techniques, analyses and classification of the potential causes for failures/break downs and their consequences.
- Collaboration at the construction of the chain of five hydro power plants on the Lower Sava River. It is a joint project of the Drava power plants, the Sava power plants, the fossil fuel power plant “Termoelektrarne Brestanica” and the company Soške elektrarne.
- Construction of the Pumping – Storage HPP Avče.
- Reconstruction of the aggregate of the HPP Doblar 1 and the HPP Plave 1, which are in operation since 1939 respectively 1940.
- The construction of hydro power plants on the Soča River.
- The construction of a chain of hydro power plants on the Idrijca River.
- The construction of the water supply system Kobariški stol. The project will ensure drinking water and new work places in the Kobarid territory. It is a case of the expansion of the activity of the company Soške elektrarne together with other interested investors.